The carnivals dream is dead.

That’s the message from the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, which has warned its patients and visitors to stay away from the city centre for the next few days.

The hospital said the coronavirus outbreak has seen a surge in the number of hospital admissions and that the number is expected to reach 2.3 million by Thursday.

The coronaviral pandemic has been the biggest challenge to the carnivals schedule since it started in October.

Last year, carnival operator the Queensland Lottery and Gambling Commission announced it would close the event for a month as it tried to reduce the strain on health systems, while the Queensland Health Department said it would be open again for two weeks in March.

The Queensland Government said it was working closely with Queensland Health to identify and isolate those at risk for the coronas.

However, the health department said there were no specific restrictions for coronaviruses.

The department is also advising visitors to avoid crowds, particularly at the busy shopping and entertainment districts.

“The carnival is a great opportunity for people to come together, to get together and to socialise with friends and family, to share and enjoy each other’s company, to enjoy the entertainment and enjoy the experience,” Qld Health Minister, Greg Hunt, said in the state’s budget update on Thursday.

“We’re going to be very careful about the people we have at the carnival, the people who are at the amusement park, who are out shopping and enjoying the entertainment, we’re not going to let them enter the city.”

Hunt said the state would “make sure they are protected” from the coronaviasis.

“These events have been the great opportunity to build the communities we need to be able to support people to build a future, and this pandemic is not going away,” he said.

The number of confirmed coronavillas and deaths from the disease has been steadily increasing over the past few weeks, as coronavar-related deaths have been a significant part of the carnivores schedule.

The state’s health department has recorded more than 3,500 new coronavid infections, which are the highest number in its history.

In September, coronavavirus deaths accounted for a record 5,923 deaths.

More than 2,600 people have died from coronaviasis since the pandemic began, and more than 100,000 people worldwide have been infected.

The World Health Organisation has declared that there is a “clear and present danger” that the coronavalvirus will continue to spread through the year.